Executive coaching is an experiential and individualized professional development process that builds a leader’s capability to achieve short- and long-term organizational goals. It is conducted through one- on-one and/or group interactions, driven by data from multiple perspectives, and based on mutual trust and respect. The organization, the leader, and the coach work in partnership to achieve maximum impact.
High Peaks Group focuses on a leader’s strengths and develops skills shown to differentiate good leaders from outstanding ones. We approach coaching with the belief that the leaders we coach are capable, whole, stable, and genuinely curious about becoming more effective. In our engagements, the coach’s role is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the leader wants to achieve
- Encourage leader self-discovery
- Elicit leader-generated solutions and strategies; and
- Hold the leader responsible and accountable
Our Coaching Methodology
We use the evidence- and research-based Intentional Change Theory (ICT) developed by Dr. Richard Boyatzis. The ICT identifies gaps between the ideal and real self to help form the basis a personal development plan that leaders can enthusiastically commit to and follow. The ICT steps are:
- Identifying the Ideal Self: Envisioning the person and leader you want to become.
- Identifying the Real Self: Get an accurate sense of how you are perceived by others, your leadership behaviors, strengths, and learning edges.
- Agenda for Change: Assess the gaps between your Real and Ideal Selves; build an ambitious, but realistic, plan for closing the gaps.
- Experimental Practice: find safe opportunities to practice new skills, discuss how it went, revise your approach, and practice again.
- Develop and Leverage a Support Network: Research shows that change sticks with support from others. You will create a small network of personal advisors that will keep you going.
WHO WE HAVE COACHED
- CEO and C-Level executives of 1M to $45M organizations
- Division and Department Heads with 2-300 direct reports and P/L up to $1B
- Mid-level and high-potential leaders seeking their next career step
INDUSTRIES WE HAVE SERVED
- Luxury Retail
- Outdoor/Adventure Sports
- High-tech/New economy
- Higher education